Monday, September 3, 2012

RANDOM THOUGHTS - Game Face On!

GAME FACE ON!

This was something I thought I'd never be able to do until my son Liam turns 5 or if we're back in Manila already.  A major hike that requires 3 days of hiking and almost a full day of travel time.  This was the life I enjoyed back then but ever since I became a family man, this has been non-existent.

But this is different.  Or perhaps this is just a way I can justify being away from my family with no means of communication for almost 3 days?  Let me share how I went about making this decision...

Work
I have been fortunate enough to be involved in a work that relates to my (previous) lifestyle.  This is something I can actually talk myself out of but this is also a key initiative that I have to be present and make sure that objectives are met.

Photography
One of my regrets was not being engaged in photography when I climbed this mountain years ago.  Amazing views, remote villages, local tribes, etc...it was an outdoor photographer's haven.  Being a family man, my field of photography has been very much limited to taking photos of my son (not that I'm complaining) so the chance to do what I have always wanted to do was just too good to pass up.

And the thought of having a porter carry my stuff?  Not too thrilled with his sweat all over my backpack but the back and shoulder ache I will be spared of should be worth it.

Companionship
We have the opportunity to climb with an explorer extra-ordinaire from the US.  I'm really excited on the opportunity to personally sell and see his appreciation of what our country has to offer.  And hopefully, share it to the world.

Unwind
I very much had zero outdoor adventures the past 4 years.  This provides the opportunity for me to unwind and relax, which has always been my reason for going outdoors.  I think the hair on my noggin thinning out is reason enough for me to do this.

Motivation
I always use the excuse of not having much time for me to exercise.  This opportunity/ challenge is a perfect reason for me to go out of my shell and get things done.  Failure is not an option in this case and  I will make damn sure that I am 100% up to the challenge.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to lace up and run...



No comments:

Post a Comment